We carry a flavor for every taste. From a broad assortment of whiskies, rums, tequilas, bourbons, gins, single malts to a great variety of cordials, after-dinner liqueurs, aperitifs, grappa, cognacs and eau de vies. Ever wonder what to get a special someone, we have a fine selection of superior, vintage spirits that will impress. And we will gift wrap it on us.
From stocking your bar to planning a large party, we can put it together for you. Our selection is wide, and always up to date. When a new spirit is introduced, you can always find it at Portside Liquors. Our spirits are competitively priced. We offer weekly promotions that will keep our customers happy.
We look forward to continuing to exceed your expectations.
A Guide to Scotch Whiskey
Don't panic when your instructor tells you that you need to write an analysis! All he or she wants is for you to take something apart to see HOW it works.
To write an analysis, you need to think about how each part of something contributes to the success of the whole.
Caution! Make sure that you're NOT just summarizing the original article, story, novel, poem, etc. Go beyond simply telling us WHAT you are talking about: describe HOW and WHY its elements function.
Specific Information for Analyzing Literature
Summarizing = WHAT
Analyzing = HOW & WHY
When you think about analysis, try thinking about how you might analyze a car.
- Ask yourself: What do we want the car to do or accomplish?
- Answer: (minivan) “provide transportation for my family”
- Analysis: how does each part of the van achieve this goal?
- Example: gasoline powers the engine
- Answer: (sports car) “speed, agility, and style”
- Analysis: how does each part of the sports car achieve this goal?
- Example: light-weight construction enables speed